The titanium Spaceframe and Truss fork deliver the rigid bicycle that is anything but. Laterally stiff to deliver the power with a vertical compliance that softens the ride? Yes, but this is only the icing on the cake. The Jones geometry ensures the best handling bike there is. It really does need to be ridden to appreciate it. Titanium, used here, provides strength, stiffness and compliance in a light, durable bike. The Jones geometry makes it all worthwhile.
The latest version of the Jones titanium Spaceframe and Truss fork frameset has Thru-Axle dropouts front and rear. All the dropouts are Jones creations from scratch – designed then machined to deliver all the strength required while minimizing the weight. The front dropouts have chamfered guides to ease wheel insertion, the rear is sculpted to save weight. The fork has narrower dropouts than other 15x142mm spaced forks to increase side clearance. This requires the specific Jones axle (included). The rear is 12x142mm Maxle standard – a Jones axle wil be available but other Maxle standard axles will work. Additionally there is an option to fit a Direct-Mount Rear Derailleur (DRD) dropout, available separately, to the rear for a direct-mount derailleur (rather than the standard ‘B-link’ version). This is a new Shimano system for a stiffer, more efficient rear derailleur function.
- The Thru-Axle Truss fork requires a 15x142mm hub. The Jones 135/142-F front hub is recommended (Front thru-axle included).
- The Thru-Axle frame requires a 12x142mm hub and thru-axle (rear thru-axle is not included).
- Frames include a Bushnell featherweight EBB.
- Frame comes stock with a standard mount derailleur hanger.
- A bottom bracket cable guide (for using a bottom-pull front derailleur) is included.
- Fork bolts, bottle bolts and the hanger nut and bolt are stainless steel.
- Truss forks include an aluminum steerer tube, bolts and cable clips – and come with a Jones front thru-axle.
- The Truss fork does not use a normal press on crown race- Information about the headset options. New Jones H-Set for Truss.
- Rear tire clearance up to a 29 x 2.5" on a 50mm wide rim.
- The frame has headbadge and decals applied.
- BB is 68mm wide
- Seat post size is 27.2mm
- Seat post clamp size is 35mm
- Headset not included